Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Request Permission To Come Aboard
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Request Permission To Come Aboard

Re: Request Permission To Come Aboard 24 Apr 2012 04:05 #42

Request permission to come aboard? RM2 Dougherty, Plank Owner, Communications/Radio, 1979- October 1984.

Re-upped and served 2 years on USS America after having gone and tried civilian life for 6 months.
Back to civilian life, 2nd marriage, daughter from first, lived in Winston-Salem, North Carolina for about 10 years and am now in sunny south Florida.

Best times of my Navy life was spent on the Nassau! When I re-upped there were no billets available.

Was great finding this site! Thank you for making this happen!

Re: Request Permission To Come Aboard 25 Apr 2012 04:13 #44

Permission Granted RM2 Dougherty! Welcome Aboard!

Re: Request Permission To Come Aboard 29 Apr 2012 11:20 #45

How about it Doughtery!!!!!!!....Glad to hear from you. Yes I did survive...and alive in Georgia, I made the USS Nassau Decommishing, and also belong to Uss Nassau facebook and in touch with Ol Bill Betters and Danny Pope..Let me hear from you
Rick Henderson

Re: Request Permission To Come Aboard 26 Jan 2015 15:41 #48

Jan. 31, 2015
Request permission to come aboard is asked by Don Wilks, Interior Communications Electrican, Engr. Dept./MP Division and served aboard the NASSAU from Feb 1979 to Dec 1981.
So I am a Plank-Owner.
I didn't make the Decommissioning Ceremony.
I am wondering if any of the crew members in the USS NASSAU Crewmembers Association were there
and know if anything was handed out to commemorate the Decommissioning?
A Decommissioning Letter, Certificate, Brochure or Booklet.
At the Commissioning Ceremony the ship gave out a Commissioning Booklet, which I still have.
I wish all the crewmembers Happy Everything (please see the attached file).
Sincerely, Don Wilks
Attachments:
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015 13:26 by Don Wilks.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds